Thursday 8 July 2010

New Stage

Hello people,

Some of you might have been thinking by now, "is she actually gonna do a blog?" -yea, I was actually wondering about that too.

Here's my first post.. though I hate to write a lot cuz I s*ck at it, I figured that a first post just has to explain a little.

On the 7th of July, at 3.10pm, a plane landed in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. On board, there was an over-excited girl who will be spending the next 3 months and a half in this country.

Just before the landing, there was a great welcome reception - Mt Kilimanjaro!
(Can you see it on this picture? middle-rightish)

You just have no idea how excited I was!

I had the broadest smile on my face, pointing at the Kilimanjaro or at the invisible globe I imagined in front of me and going "25hrs ago I was here (japan) and now I'm here (tanzania)! woooooo"

Now, it's been a couple of days. What's my impression?

Well.. the weather is great (not humid at all compared to japan, the temperature is just peeeerfect!), good food (you all know I like all sorts of food..I'll do a dedicated post on food sometime), nice people, not too many mosquitoes..

and It's definitely a lot more developed than I imagined, but I think it's too early to form any opinion or impression, cuz so far, I've only seen about 5 mins-walk-radius around this hotel-apartment I'm staying in. Too bad my office is 3 mins' walk away :P

Ah yes, the office... I'm here for work!

I've only been here for a couple of days, but I've got a gut feeling that I will learn a lot in this environment. Experience of reality, the reality of international development, had been the piece missing in me for years. Now I've got a chance, how much can I learn in this 16 weeks? I wonder...

This is my new stage. With a lot of new experience to help me grow!

But first of all.. the first weekend is fast approaching now, and I can't wait to make the most of my off-work time :)

5 comments:

  1. First!

    And: nice blog title... ;)

    FR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karibu Tanzania!
    says Mt. Kilimanjaro.

    What is wanting for us, she only knows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ! What a blog ! This looks really like a real blog ! Wow. Your first news are great so ... I am sure you'll enjoy !
    Give us a lot of posts.

    Mata. Gab

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe thank you francesco and.. gabriele, it sounds like you weren't expecting much from my blog!! lol thanks for the comments anyway tho guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Saki-chan :)

    Nice blog!

    I'm sure you will experience and learn a lot of things there!!
    Enjoy off-work time too :)

    All the best!
    Hisayo

    ReplyDelete